Monday, September 13, 2010

The Great Dog Debate!

So...our family is a dog family. We have 2...errr.....7 now! Let me explain.

We at first had one, Harley...which is momma's baby. That dog follows her every where she goes. He sleeps right next to her on the bed. He will not eat until she gets home. He usually just lays around all day looking out the window waiting for momma to get home. As soon  as he see's her car pull in the driveway he goes crazy trying to get out the door to greet her. He by the way, is a Westie and wire haired Dachshund mix.

We also have a mini Dachshund named Lilly, which was supposed to be for Jordan....that's another story in itself. She is a little higher maintenance than Harley. Did I mention she is a mini that ways 15 pounds? Yeah! (note: never buy your "MINI" Dachshunds from a breeder in Cut n Shoot Texas. :) )

Anyway...on with the story.

A few months ago, I had an employee that was having to move back to California very suddenly and could not take their dog with them....a Chihuahua....she was going to have to take him to the pound. In my stupidity, I told her to let me take him and I would find him a home...NO PROBLEM! Yeah....right.
So anyway I bring this dog home and he instantly thinks he runs the place. So Chango....which is what we called him....is NOT fixed....neither is our "MINI". After months and months of searching for a home for Chango...we finally find a Chihuahua lover that needs another one. (like anyone needs 2 Chihuahuas) Goodbye Chango!

Now...Lilly eats like a horse. She will eat so much that her little belly will drag the ground and then she will lay around and moan. It's pretty funny. So I notice that she is really putting on the weight and thinking we are going to have to put her on a diet. Ok....now stop getting ahead of me  and let me tell my story! It's not till I pick her up to pet her one day do I notice that her...uhm....well...uh...chi chi's are bigger than normal. And I believe my exact words were..."ah..holy crap...Lilly's pregnant!" That's right....you guessed it sports fans...that dang Chihuahua impregnated my mini Dachshund.

Lilly had 5 puppies, called Chiweenies....stop laughing...we looked it up....we call them Mexican Hot Dogs...and they are the cutest little puppies you have ever seen, One in particular has stolen mine and momma's heart. He is the runt, but so dang cute, that we are finding it hard to promise him to anyone. Mind you we have people literally waiting on a list for one of these puppies hoping that someone else will back out. The one that has stolen our hearts ins called Blue. Don't know why he is called Blue, Jordan named them all.

So here is the great debate.

Do we keep blue or not? We have tried the 3 dog thing before with little success. it's hard enough taking care of 2 dogs...3 is a whole other story. But did I mention how cute he is?

I don't know what to do...so...I am going to post some pics and put up a poll and get you to help us decide whether we should keep one or not.

Prepare to have your heart stolen!


See....I told you. Now go to the poll question and vote please!

1 comment:

  1. If it were me I would probably keep him. But then again, I already have FIVE dogs: one mamma, three of her pups, and another that I adopted.

    ReplyDelete