Saturday, October 2, 2010

Life Lesson: Never let anyone make you question what God has called you to do!

I remember as a young Christian, still learning the ways of my faith, I was excited about how God was moving in me. Everything felt new. I was eager, listening for God's still small voice, looking for His movement in everything.

I remember the moment I felt God was calling me to minister to His people. I was so excited. I had to share it with my pastor. I just knew that he was going to be as excited about my calling as I was. When I told him, he chuckled and said, "don't worry Jimmy, you'll grow out of it". I was devastated!

Since that time, I have been a Youth Pastor, an Assistant Pastor and a Worship Pastor. I have served as a volunteer staff member and a full time staff member.

And then....it happened again. I was told that I was not anointed to do what I had been doing for years.

I allowed that statement to suck the life out of me spiritually and suffered because of it for years.

Now understand this, I do not blame this person for saying what they said, as I don't hold anything against my first pastor for what he said. After all, they both are men, and as men are entitled to their opinions though they may be flawed in their opinions.

It took me a long time to realize that what God has called me to do is not subject to the opinions of men. God is the one that called me...not man.

So I would ask you this, What has God called you to do? What is it that burns in you? What keeps you up at night? What is always on your mind?

My suggestion, GO DO IT!

Don't allow man to tell you that it can't be done, or worse...that it can't be done by you.

According to scripture, some are to be teachers, some pastors, but all of us are called to be His disciples.

If God has called you to it, He will show the way, He will provide, you just have to trust in Him.

Be faithful to the calling He has placed in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment